Friday 20 December 2013

Treasure Hunt in the Dark! (& Outdoor Play Party)

Pin It
Kids treasure hunt in the dark


Welcome back to another Outdoor Play Party!  If you've been outside with kids this week then why not link up what you've been up to?  Our Winter so far has been very mild, but very wet and it gets dark by about 4.30pm, so its not my ideal outdoor play environment to say the least!  But, today I was determined to get outside rain or shine and enjoy the darker evenings.


We did quite a bit of play in the dark last year with our torches and fun in the dark, but this year I've been a bit more hesitant, mostly due to an overwhelming desire to be permanently seated due to a very tiring fourth pregnancy!  But, today we dug out some glow sticks we've had forever and ventured into the garden (aka the mud pit!).


Kids treasure hunt in the dark

I say 'we', but Bud couldn't be persuaded to come out in the rain and Little Dude had just fallen asleep in the buggy, so Champ and I played on our own.

Kids treasure hunt in the dark

Champ was glow stick hider and I was hunter.  I know it looks super bright outside, but it really was dark!

Kids treasure hunt in the dark

Champ soon worked out that to hide it the best he had to stop the glow, so this is him trying to paint it with mud to cover up the glow and we almost lost it when he hid it so well in the leaves we couldn't find it!

Very pleased we made the effort, we had fun despite the rain!  

What have you been up to outside?  My favourite play idea from last time was Kitchen Counter Chronicles with their Outdoor Play Ideas in a Jar, even better you can download the ideas they used!



Linking up gives myself and my co-hosts permission to share your post with a picture and link on social media sites.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...