Friday 1 March 2013

Easter Egg Hunt (& Outdoor Play Party)

Pin It
Easter egg hunt


Easter eggs are in the shops and even though it's still chilly the sun has been shining so we headed outside for an Easter egg hunt.  We love getting outside, if you have an outdoor play idea I'd love to see you link up below.


Childrens Easter egg hunt

While the boys were busy playing I popped a sweet in some mini plastic Easter eggs.  Three eggs of each colour, one for each boy.

Kids Easter egg hunt

Then I made picture clues and laminated them so I could hide them in the garden and they wouldn't spoil, and hopefully I'll reuse them at some point.

Easter egg hunt with clues

Then I hid the eggs each time with a clue to the next set of eggs.

Treasure Easter egg hunt

The final clue led the boys to a gold coin each.

Easter egg hunt

So, once set up was complete I handed Bud the first clue....

Easter egg hunt

..... this led to much excitement, and sweet eating....

Easter egg hunt

....and, lots of running round!  Plus, once I'd enticed them outside with the Easter egg hunt they played outside for ages.

Have you been outside?  Then why not join us in the Outdoor Play Party, last time we had loads of great play ideas linked up.  I have two favourites from last time Coloured Ice Sculptures from Happy Hooligans and Sidewalk Chalk Paint from Buggy and Buddy.


We've played with ice before, but never in the snow, and never with this many gorgeous colours, check out the post to see how these got played with.


We've done lots of chalking outside and lots of painting outside, but never tried chalk paint, another colourful way to get outside.  

Now to the linky party, please link up any outdoor play posts.  Linking up gives us permission to share your post on Facebook, Twitter and to pin it on Pinterest.



11 comments:

  1. Great clues, i was thinking that i might be able to introduce clues to this years hunt & these would be great for my 4 & 2.5 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good Easter Egg Hunt. We will be doing them for the Easter Birthdays at our house too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are quick off the mark, Hannah!! We do an Easter egg hunt in the forest this month & it's my favourite activity! But with 26 of them I use paper eggs as clues to then find a basket of chocolate eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find no matter what the age, young and old alike enjoy racing around on an Easter Egg Hunt! They are such fun and the clues that you have made are such a good idea for the very young. Thank you for linking with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did similar last year but not the clues, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh brilliant, clot wait for Easter now x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Easter egg hunts as a child and my oldest is just getting to the age that he loves them too. It's still too cold for me to brave the backyard, but luckily my boys love playing outside whether it's cold or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what fun! Thanks for sharing at Share it Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how fun!! My daughter loves Easter egg hunts. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love Easter egg hunts! I'm featuring this tomorrow on The Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun! An Easter Scavenger Egg Hunt!! Thanks for sharing and please join us again this week at Eco-Kids Tuesday! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2013/03/nifty-thrifting-at-eco-kids-tuesday.html


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...