Monday 17 September 2012

Shaving Foam Print Painting

Pin It


Hello!  Another painting play idea today - shaving foam print painting.  We originally saw this done at Little Wonders Days, if you like this idea definitely go and check out their post as their pictures are really good.

We did this one weekend a while ago and Hubby helped out so this was a proper family crafting session!  Here we are all set up and ready to go!

 
I put down a plastic mat then filled two trays with shaving foam (top tip the blue tray is really sturdy and really cheap - its a cat litter!).  Then I squirted in a bit of paint, just ready mix paint.

 
The boys got stuck in swirling the paint round.  Our colours ended up well mixed for prettier effects it looks nicer if the colours don't mix quite so much, but we were going for process rather than product.

 
Next step lay a piece of paper over the top of the coloured foam and gently pat it down so the paint prints onto the paper.

 
Then gently lift off.  The effects were really pretty, but I didn't take any pictures of the finished product so you'll just have to try it out yourself! 
 
Only thing I would say is that they took a while to dry and you have to kind of scrape off the top layer of foam to speed things up.  Once they had dried I cut pieces out to decorate cards and they looked great - again, sorry no photos!

 
Oh and I don't know how this always happens, but it looks like Little Dude managed to get in on the painting action, possibly 'helped' by his brothers again!

 
If you liked this post why not check out my Facebook and Pinterest pages.  Hope to see you again soon!

5 comments:

  1. I love doing crafty projects with my lil guy I think we will do this one next. Thanks for the great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I bet my kids would have fun with this for hours. I need to make a trip to the dollar store. ;) Thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru Tuesday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! And I love your blog. I have three boys too. Isn't being a boy mom fun? I hope you'll share this idea at Mar's Linky Party where I'm co-hosting this week. It'll be a perfect fit for all the kid-friendly ideas people post: http://thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com/2012/09/momma-mars-activity-corner-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm planar for your article writings and contents fortunately.http://www.lastingimpressionsfoam.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...