Thursday 7 July 2016

Kid made jewellery

Pin It

I was looking for a simple friendship bracelet craft for the Sunday School group that I teach when I came across this fantastic tutorial from Club Chicca Circle, so I thought I'd give it a go with the boys.  It's a perfect craft for them as it involves hardware (hello diy store) and perfect for me as it was dirt cheap (yey!).

This post contains affliate links.


The materials need are metal washers, I got ours from Wilkos (I'm British) where you can fill a bag for £2 in their hardware pick and pix section, I must have got over 60 squished in my bag so lots more crafting to come.  If you're not British you could check out these washerson Amazon.  Then you need either permanent pens, I used cheap ones, but Sharpies are always the best and/or nail varnish (go crazy for colour with these!).


Then you either paint with nail varnish or draw direct with the permanent pens.  We didn't try this, but lots of the Sunday School kids were patient enough to wait for the nail varnish to dry and then put permanent pens on top.  Sorry no photos so you'll have to take my word for it that they looked pretty good - or obviously try it yourself!


Here's the finished product, I just looped wool through the finished washers once they were dry and turned them into either friendship necklaces or bracelets.


This was my sons bracelet of choice.  I don't know why, but the washers were a big hit with the kids and apart from a couple being turned into lethal weapons as they were swung round heads, I'd say this craft went pretty well!


Liked this?  Then why not check us out on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...