Friday 27 April 2012

Cars Play Mat Busy Bag

Pin It
Busy bags for me are such a great idea!  If you're new to them I'd describe them as something that keeps your little one busy and fits in a bag!  You should be able to pick them up and go, with no need to add anything in, and where possible they shouldn't need replenishing once used.  I use them in restaurants, in church, at the doctors and when I need to keep Champ busy during the day I have a new activity ready to go with no prep.

There are heaps of busy bags online (check out my pin boards pinterest.com/hannahlouharris) and I thought I'd seen one like mine before, but now I can't find any so apologises if I haven't correctly given credit to this idea.

This one started as a cheap plain play mat (50p from Wilkos!) that I drew some roads on with a permanent pen and added a car set that came with a few road cones and signs (£1 from Poundland).  Then I stuck them in a bag and we were good to go!


But, the boys had other ideas!  One time when I got it out they decided we needed to add in some extras, and these stretched my very limited drawing skills!  But, on the mat we now have a hospital, an airport, a forest, our house, Granny & Granddad's house and Grandma & Pa's house!


Then it all packs up into a little bag.  Lots more of these to come, lots of busy bags for my busy boys!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun busy bag activity!! I'm sure it could keep the busy for hours. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love busy bags so hopefully they'll be lots more busy bag posts!

      Delete
  2. Babies are always exploring and they like to discover what is beyond the different colors, the more colorful it is the mire the baby like the toys. That is why choosing the best baby play mats and baby play gym for your baby is imperative.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...