Monday 10 September 2012

More Baby Play!

Pin It


We have far too many toys in our house, but still sometimes we get stuck for play ideas.  Here are two quick ideas for baby play.

Yes, it's a golden oldie..... drums!  Bring out the mixing bowls, the saucepans, the wooden spoons and you have your own little drummer!  In fact this is such a classic I'm sure I can remember doing this on the kitchen floor when I was a tot!

 
Noisy, but it kept Little Dude busy for ages!

 
Next up.... blocks in a box!  I popped some plastic blocks into an empty tissue box.  As the opening is a little smaller it meant Little Dude had to work a bit harder to get some of the blocks out.

 
Lots of concentration going on here....

 
... but, a lot of satisfaction here!

 
How about some more baby ideas you could try making a tissue pull box, a treasure box or try playing with playdough.
 
If you've enjoyed this and would like to hear more from Making Boys Men why not 'like' my brand new facebook page!  Be one of the first to get in on the action!

11 comments:

  1. We also have more toys than we need (not that the little girl plays with any of them), activities like this are so much more fun! Love seeing different a different spin on different toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so many toys, too! I love seeing different ways to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! My 16 month old would love both of these activities. I will have to do them with him while sister is occupied doing her activities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. Playing with babies can be hard. I had a hard time knowing what to do with my baby when she was really little. I'm pinning this for future baby #2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What simple, fun ideas! I think sometimes people forget to actually play with babies! Thanks for linking up at TGIF! Have a great weekend,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blocks in a box, love it! Thank you for linking up to The Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I know my Bubba, Miss K would enjoy this activity to no end. I'll be featuring this post as part of my roundup of this week's linky party. I will also pin a picture from your post onto our very popular Weekly Kids' Co-op Pinterest board :). xoxo P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'll look out for the feature.

      Delete
  8. Great ideas!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello again. I love this so much that I'm featuring this again, this time as part of my Baby Play roundup. xoxo P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline, I haven't looked at this post in ages, Dude seems very big now in comparison!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...