Wednesday 9 January 2013

Toy Zip Wire

Pin It


Before Christmas we had some indoor physical fun creating a zip wire for the toys.  I first saw a similar idea on Sun Hats & Wellie Boots.  This was a good teamwork activity - working out where to put the line, how to attach the toys, how could we make them go faster etc... It really engaged the boys!


We tied the toys with yarn and suspended more yarn from a cabinet to the door knob on the other side of the room.


Then to speed things up a bit Hubby stood on the cabinet and held the wire up to the ceiling so the toys really started to fly!


A terrible action photo, but hopefully you get the idea!


This was great fun for the boys and they really enjoyed working out how to get it all working.  Quick, but very good fun while it lasted!

I hope you enjoyed this post, join us again by subscribing or checking us out on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and of course Pinterest.

16 comments:

  1. I love it! I have 5 boys and the youngest ones were making zip lines today with the cords from my blinds. I like this much better!
    I am happily subscribing to your blog! I have 5 boys of my own:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I guess I really wanted to tell you I have 5 boys:). Sorry for the repeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comments, five boys, wow! You must have a lot of adventures! Off to check out our blog.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, my daughter would love this! We don't have any action figures, but we do have some plastic dinosaurs that I think would work. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassidy, I'm sure it would work with heaps of other stuff, hope you get to try it with the dinosaurs!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up to Mom's Library! This definitely seems like a good Daddy activity! lol I am sure my kids would love it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having us, and of course hosting!

      Delete
  5. Oh this is so fun!!! I think we may just have to play this at my son's Birthday Party!

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great physics/science lesson as well! Fun and learning all rolled into one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had a go and my son LOVES it! We talked about friction and gravity. Brilliant. https://plus.google.com/b/114614887702093895832/114614887702093895832/posts/YqyTGsH5Cw3?cfem=1

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see Star Wars characters zipping down a line at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Idea! My boys would love this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea I remember doing this with elves but didn't think about the tiny toy heros.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I featured your post this week at mom's library! thanks for sharing!

    http://chickenbabies.blogspot.com/2013/01/moms-library-link-up-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! The whole time I'm reading your post I'm thinking, "science lesson!" :)

    Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Showcase.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...