Monday 21 January 2013

Handprint Thank You Cards

Pin It


OK confession we haven't yet sent out any Thank You cards for Christmas, and whilst I appreciate this is super bad etiquette, this year is better than most, at least this year we've made cards whereas normally the sending of cards remains just in my head!  I figure as long as they receive them in January that's OK - right?? 

I saw these great cards from Mum in the Madhouse where they'd used fingerprints to make cute creature pictures, we can do that.... or so I thought!


So my instructions to the boys were to make fingerprints, but they got a little carried away and started swirling the paints....


... then they started with the handprints - all their doing!  


I think the results turned out pretty cool.  And, what relative doesn't want to receive a loved child's handprint!


Oh, and the two splat rating that's due to this little guys mess making!  The blue smudge is where he smeared paint across his face!  

If you enjoyed this make sure you don't miss a thing by subscribing or checking us out on Facebook, Google+, Twitter and of course Pinterest.

8 comments:

  1. That is cute and a treasured memory keepsake. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun thank you card to make and I'm sure every relative that receives will cherish them.

    Thank you for linking to Tuesday Tots

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love all handprint craft and a great way to say thank you to friends and family....

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I traced my boys' hands for thank you cards a couple of weeks ago. I wish I had tried this instead. I will next time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, we love getting and making homemade cards. Thanks for sharing at Share it Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family will love the keepsake! I am horrible at remembering to send thank you cards, Horrible!! ;-(
    Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute way to make thank you cards. I'm still try to get my kiddo to help me make ones for Christmas...and his birthday...maybe this activity will make it more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute and such a wonderful keepsake. I had my boys make our Christmas cards this year using their fingerprints and turning them into pictures. I didn't want to mail any, though--I wanted to save them all! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...