Monday 17 December 2012

Hammering and Weaving Christmas Shapes

Pin It


With family visiting we took advantage of my Dad's building skills by teaching the boys a bit of hammering and to make it Christmassy a little festive weaving too.

I started by stacking up six pieces of squarish cardboard.
 
 
To keep the cardboard in place I wrapped it up with brown paper and marked out a Christmas tree on one stack and a star on the other.  Then I added a bowl of nails, a toy hammer and some yarn.

 
Then we hammered the nails into place with a bit of practice with the real hammer too.

 
Once all the nails were hammered in we set about winding the yarn around the nails to create the festive shapes.

 
This is what the Christmas tree looked like.

 
And, here's the star.



I hope you've enjoyed this post, if you have why not check out our Pinterest board. Or, keep up to date with posts by subscribing, liking facebook or hooking up on Google+ or Twitter.  Hope to see you again soon!

6 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Hannah, so simple & I bet they loved using the real tools. Kierna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kierna. Bud was very excited and kept saying 'I'm using the hammer Daddy uses' so I think they enjoyed themselves even if they took a bit of persuading not to go freestyle on the weaving!

      Delete
  2. Young boys seem to enjoy any craft that incorporates a hammer. Years ago I did a pie tin craft that involved such and my non crafting boys were more than willing to participate. What a fabulous idea this is. Thanks for sharing and I am stopping by from True Aim. Please consider adding this to Look What We Did. -Savannah http://lookwhatwedid-homeschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my son would LOVE The hammering bit!!

    Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. how adorable! Feel free to share your post by stopping by and linking it up @ Learn and Link http://mamato3blessings.blogspot.com/2012/12/egg-carton-snowman-craft-learn-link.html Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! We will have to try this one! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...