Wednesday 21 November 2012

Using Kids Art for Christmas Cards

Pin It


If you're a regular to this blog you'll know that we love to paint, but that our art is more process than product (a.k.a there's definitely no budding Da Vinci's in this house!).  But, that doesn't mean I don't want to share the boys work and what better way than in a Christmas card!

First, I took the painting with did with acorns which was nice and colourful.


I selected the picture with the most green in it and started using my small star paper punch collecting the stars as I went.


Then using a glue stick I stuck the stars down to a card I had already embossed with 'Merry Christmas'.  Cute huh!  Homemade, personalised and made with my kids art, I'm pretty pleased with myself!


If you liked this then don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages

I'm entering this post in a competition - check it out here http://www.moneysupermarket.com/christmas/christmas-card-craft-off/

7 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea. :) I'm actually here to nominate you for the Liebster Award - http://beinginspired-blog.blogspot.ie/2012/11/liebster-award-and-giveaway.html

    Make sure to send me the link when you post your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. My boys are 2 years 11 months and 10 months old so painting is chaotic to say the least. I will save this idea for future years. This year I bought a load of blank cards and some glittery silver paint to jazz up the red and green. Then I let them go to town!! The little one ate most of his paint but he was happy so who am I to judge :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you're brave, I was a meany and didn't let our youngest near the paint till he was one! But, he would loved the finger paints he got for his first birthday so maybe I should be brave again!

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute idea and look forward to giving it a try! :) I found you through the Sunday Showcase :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a precious idea to personalize Christmas cards! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this idea!!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...