Friday 27 July 2012

Splat Painting

Pin It


We did splat painting a while ago, I didn't blog about it at the time, but as it was such fun I thought I should share!


Having seen lots of splat painting posts it was spotting some cheap fly swats in QD that kicks started this activity.  To try and ensure that it was the paper that got splatted and not the whole house I put two plastic sheets down and then taped paper together to create one large sheet.


Then I added dabs of paint to the paper and told the boys (and Hubby) to get splatting.


And splat they did!  Good for getting out some of that endless energy!


Then they splatted some more! 


And this is what happens when you let the baby join in!


Then this was the end result - kinda pretty!  I'll be honest as we did this indoors and I only wanted the paper painted it didn't last that long, it wasn't really open ended, but they did have an awful lot of fun!  I might have to be brave and let the boys go a bit wild with this outdoors, might have to psych myself up a bit first!


Here's a close up of the end results.  Instead of chucking it away when we were done (heartless I know, but there's just not enough wall space for ALL the pictures!) I used my little star hole puncher to cut out stars then used these to decorate homemade birthday cards, they looked pretty cool if I do say so myself!

Like this post?  Why not subscribe and get every post straight in your inbox?

10 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I found your blog today and joined immediately. Looks like you're having tons of fun with your kids and you're giving such nice activityideas for us, too.

    Hanna, E (almost 3)and V (almost 1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so fun! we've got some that we've been meaning to paint with but haven't gotten around to it. think this may have motivated me to try it! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project. It looks like everyone enjoyed it. My kids would love this! Although we would definitely have to take a project like this outside at our house or we'd have paint everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might make this a garden event! I love the freedom of the splat paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so much fun and the pictures it creates are so effective.

    Thanks for linking to the Sunday showcase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh that is a BRILLIANT bit of "SPLAT" painting! Wasn't anticipating the fly swats. What a great idea!

    Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boys would absolutely love this! Thank you for sharing this at Saturday Show and Tell. I can't wait to see what you have for this week! I look forward to seeing you there.
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea!! I love it!! It looks like so much fun and love the idea of using the star hole punch to save them! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We looooove splat painting! I can't believe you did this indoors-brave mama! I'm featuring this tomorrow on The Sunday Showcase. Be sure ans stop by. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...