Thursday 12 April 2012

Our Easter Celebrations - Egg Dyeing

Pin It


Part three of our Easter celebrations was egg dyeing.  I was pretty excited about this as we'd never dyed eggs before.  In fact I completely got it wrong and put the first egg in just vinegar, oops, but it's stayed there, hopefully I'll blog about that in the future!  Anyway, I got the boys and Hubby to decorate the eggs with crayons which they enjoyed as we've never done anything with eggs except eat them!


Then the cool bit!  We dipped the eggs in water with food colouring and a splash of vinegar.  We had to dip them in and out a bit until the colour took and then wiped them with some kitchen towel.  I did have yellow and blue lined up for the dyeing, but the yellow didn't seem to take, but it may have been that we were using brown eggs.


OK, so they cracked a bit and they weren't as colourful as I hoped, but I was pretty pleased at our first ever egg dyeing efforts. 


Easter activities nearly over, part four soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...